Free e-commerce training for new and aspiring entrepreneurs
Are you a new or aspiring entrepreneur that is looking to learn more about selling your products online? The e-Hub Propel Project may be for you!
This free e-commerce program is offered in partnership with eBay Canada and is generously funded by the eBay Foundation. The e-Hub Propel Project will run two cohorts from December 2019- September 2020 and will include;
- 4 (2-hour) workshop sessions taught by industry experts, including eBay staff and members of the local business community, on topics such as customer service, selling online, and marketing.
- 4 (1-hour) debrief sessions with facilitators for small-group discussion of workshop content (sessions occur directly after workshops)
- ‘Swag bags’ with promos from local businesses and service providers that may be useful for your business
- Participants who access 2 of the 4 workshops in full will receive a free professional photography session for their product.
- Childminding, Language Interpretation Services, and TTC tokens are available during workshops, for those who pre-register.
Applicants will be selected based on business preparedness and need. To be eligible for this program you must;
- be a new or aspiring entrepreneur, currently located the Greater Toronto Area
- have a finalized business idea and plan for developing or securing your products
- have a website or social page set up for your business
- have a desire for, or experience with, using online sales platforms (ex: e-commerce platforms or selling via transactions made on social media marketplaces or promo pages like your company Instagram)
- NOTE: You do not have to be using or plan to use eBay services to participate. This program does not promote any particular platform.
** Preference will be given to former participants of WE-Hub, NEH and the broader entrepreneurship programs community at Scadding Court Community Centre and our partner organizations. Selected participants will be contacted for next steps.